Attack of the purple port

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:00:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just upgraded my hobbit server to 4.2.0 on a RH AS4 box.

Everything is working great! *except* (hah, you knew that was coming didn't you)

the ports status is purple for my hobbit server, and like the few
others on here, my hobbitd goes yellow. UNLIKE others here, I have no
messages that I can find anywhere about truncated data. I added
MAXMSG_CLIENT=1024
to the hobbitserver.cfg and restarted, but this didn't fix the problem.

Perhaps I am not looking in the correct logfile? Maybe there is a
setting I am overlooking? If there is more info i can provide, please
let me know. I do not have any port checks defined, but on all my
other boxes, it doesn't display purple, it just shows gray with the
data.

Thanks,
jeff