Informal survey about commercial support for Hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 24 17:19:17 CEST 2006

I've had a couple of enquiries about providing commercial support
for Hobbit. In essence they need a guaranteed response to e-mail
support queries, as a supplement to the mailing list where mails
do get answered, but not always within a day or two.

Making money off Hobbit never was my intention, but being paid for
doing what is really a hobby for me does seem attractive.

So this is just an informal survey:

* Would you be interested in paying for Hobbit support?
* What kind of support do you need? E-mail for solving problems,
  custom feature developments, or ... ?
* What response-time requirements do you have? Since I'm in Europe
  and a lot of the Hobbit users are in the US or Australia, I have
  a problem with same-day response guarantees.
* How much are you willing to spend on it ?

Feel free to respond here on the list, or to me directly.

Just to avoid raising any panic, let me emphasize that this will NOT
in any way stop or detract from the support I offer here on the
mailing list. I think the mailing list will always be the primary
support channel, and a place for discussing Hobbit developments,
beta versions and all the other related issues. It's just that some
companies feel more comfortable using software when there is a
"normal" support contract.