[hobbit] Some info columns not working

Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO matthew.epp at us.army.mil
Tue Aug 22 00:34:36 CEST 2006

> > I think I found out what the problem was. Apparently you can't use the
> IP
> > placeholder of 0.0.0.0 for relayed hosts if you want to be able to pull
> up
> > the info column. I replaced the 0.0.0.0 with the real address and now
> the
> > info works.
>
> What do you mean by "relayed host" ?

By "relayed host" I meant any server which has its tests done by one of the
satellite display servers and has the events relayed back to the primary
display through bbproxy. The primary display had 0.0.0.0 for any server it
didn't test directly, so I didn't have to worry about updating IP addresses
in bb-hosts on more than one display.

> I think the core problem is the 0.0.0.0 address. Hobbit then tries to do
> a DNS lookup on the hostname to determine the current IP address of the
> host. I haven't checked, but I would think that was the most likely
> reason for the info page not showing up.

Maybe you could add in code that states if the IP address is 0.0.0.0 to not
attempt to resolve the hostname from the IP? Anyway I was able to fix the
info problem by just using the real IPs on the primary display server.