[hobbit] Some info columns not working

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Aug 18 22:15:19 CEST 2006

Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO wrote:

> Some of my info pages aren't coming up. Just get Internal Server Error
> and Apache logs a "Premature end of script headers: bb-hostsvc.sh"
> when I try to access them. At first I thought maybe it was just the
> systems relayed through bbproxy, but I've found some tested locally
> from the main display server that also don't work, and there are
> relayed systems that DO have info. Checked all the hobbit logs and
> don't see any problems reported. Any troubleshooting tips?

I found something interesting that may be related to this. I have
noticed that when you restart hobbit, The info columns (at least some of
them) seem to "not work" until the client has reported in. By not work I
mean that when I click the info column, I am prompted to download a file
called bb-hostsvc.sh.  Once the client checks in (I'm guessing), I can
click it and actually get the HTML page.

I think it may be some bug where when the information that goes in the
info column (one of the fields like OS, Client S/W) is not yet sent,
perhaps bb-hostsvc.sh crashes or improperly outputs the HTML which
confuses apache and/or your browser.

-Charles