[hobbit] Metrics Report for other tests

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Aug 15 23:02:57 CEST 2006

Charles Jones wrote:

>>> Ones I would be interested in are:
>>> * Clock offset
>>> * Network Traffic
>>> * Processes (including TRACKed procs)
>>> * Any custom NCV graphs

> Hmm there don't seem to be many "multi" graphs:

> Is there a procedure for creating "multi" versions of non-multi graphs?

I made several of them for our environment, both from the default Hobbit
provided tests (apache %CPU) and from our custom NCV data (mysql
queries/sec, memcached %hits, etc), simply by copying one of the multi
graph defs and adjusting the variable extracted from the appropriate rrd
file.  I've found that the multi graphs only work when you are graphing
one variable per host, so you can't do something like RAM & Swap for 2
hosts in a single chart.

For example, this def should allow you to see the %CPU apache is
consuming on your web servers, if you are using the apache test in
bb-hosts.  Hope it helps.

Tom

[apache2-multi]
         TITLE Multi-Host Apache CPU Utlization