[hobbit] Problems with hobbit-enadis.cgi from info page

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 15 17:56:16 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 04:16:49PM +0200, Francesco Duranti wrote:
> I've recompiled a clean 4.2.0 with all the patch installed and the
> hobbit-enadis script is working well when called from the menu (so i
> think i did something wrong during the yesterday patch).
> I continue to get errors while enabling/disabling tests directly from
> the info page
>
> The test will be disabled/enabled rightly but the script will put me on
> this page
> http://itromlx10/hobbit-seccgi/(null)

The code uses the HTTP_REFERER variable provided by your webserver's
CGI, which in turn gets it from the "Referer:" header that the browser
puts into the HTTP request.

For some reason your browser doesn't generate this header. After doing
some google'ing, I can see that this is not uncommon when using the
Internet Explorer browser. It would probably work fine if you switched
to Firefox.

Except some personal firewalls (Norton) also filters this out when
passing requests to webservers.

So: Could you try changing this for me: In web/hobbit-enadis.c, around
line 320 there is this line:
       printf("Location: %s\n\n", xgetenv("HTTP_REFERER"));
Could you change that to
       printf("Location: %s%s\n\n", xgetenv("BBWEBHOST"), xgetenv("SCRIPT_NAME"));

That should make it work with your browser also.