Solaris Client Script and lofs File Systems

Andy France Andy at zespri.com
Tue Aug 15 01:54:57 CEST 2006

Henrik,

I should have spotted this aaaaages ago, but have only just noticed while
reviewing the status pages post my 4.2.0 upgrade.

We use the automount facility in Solaris for home directories.  So the
users home is set to /home/user, but is actually contained in
/export/home/user.  This allows the /export/home to be shared both locally
and via NFS for a central home directory across multiple servers.  The
automountd process automagically creates a loopback or NFS mount of
/export/home/user on /home/user when the file system is accessed depending
on how /etc/auto_home is configured.

Which leads me to the following suggestion:  as each /home/user entry shows
in the mount table, but is actually the exact same information as the
/export/home file system, the hobbitclient-sunos.sh script should add ^lofs
to the list of file system types to exclude.

I apologise if this is a bit disjointed - it's quite not as "summery" down
here in the southern hemisphere as it is up there, and my head is all
stuffy from a cold.

Cheers,
Andy.

PS - apologies for the following :-(

This email is intended for the person to whom it is addressed
only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy
or use the contents in any way. The opinions expressed may not
necessarily reflect those of ZESPRI Group of Companies ('ZESPRI').

While every effort has been made to verify the information
contained herein, ZESPRI does not make any representations
as to the accuracy of the information or to the performance
of any data, information or the products mentioned herein.
ZESPRI will not accept liability for any losses, damage or
consequence, however, resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this e-mail/attachments.