[hobbit] Enable/Disable propogation

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 14 21:40:39 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:12:17PM -0400, Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO wrote:
> How does Hobbit handle the disabling of tests in a multi-DISPLAY server
> environment? Typically in the legacy Big Brother environment, I had to
> either disable test on each display server, or just tell people to ignore
> alerts on the satellite DISPLAYs and only pay attention to the main server
> where I would actually "blue" things out. Ultimately I would like to have an
> accurate view on each DISPLAY, but this would involve somehow propogating a
> disable command down the line.

The Hobbit enable/disable tool sends the enable/disable commands to all
of the servers listed in the BBDISPLAYS setting in hobbitserver.cfg. So
if you have that setup in your config, it will automatically propagate
to all of the servers.

Note that when using multiple servers, it is recommended that you have
the local server FIRST in the list of servers in BBDISPLAYS.