[hobbit] log file monitoring issues

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 14 17:45:09 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:07:34PM -0400, Gary B. wrote:

> >Second, you can only have one "ignore" line. I admit that it would
> >probably be useful to have multiple ignore lines, but that is
> >not possible right now.

I've made an enhancement to the client-side "logfetch" utility so
that multiple ignore- and trigger-lines is possible. I just need to
do a bit more testing, and then I'll make it available.

> Just ONE remaining issue now.  There are still additional log files I
> want to check for that aren't showing up.  I have this specific
> hosts's client-local.cfg entry defined as:
>
> [master.homeoffice.none]
> log:/var/log/samba/client.nmbd.log
> log:/var/log/messages:10240
> log:/var/log/maillog:10240
> ignore relay=localhost\.localdomain
> trigger denied
>
> The "messages" and "maillog" entries are showing up just fine, but the
> "client.nmbd.log" file is not showing up; not even with an empty "full
> log" section.  Any ideas?

Check if the configuration data makes it to the client. Does this
data show up in the client's ~hobbit/client/tmp/logfetch.HOSTNAME.cfg
file ?

If it does, then pick any status page from this host and click on the
"Client data" link near the bottom of the page. Look for the "[msgs:...]"
and "[logfile:...]" sections. Is there one for the client.nmbd.log file ?