[hobbit] Upgrade to 4.2.0, conn all read

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Mon Aug 14 17:26:36 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 05:15:05PM +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 09:31:12AM -0400, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> > I just upgraded my main hobbit server to the new 4.2.0 and now all of
> > the conn tests go red. I have manually tested the fping command and that
> > does work. There are no logs created other then hobbitlaunch.log and
> > that doesn't have anything about the failure.
>
> If only hobbitlaunch.log is created, then it is failing to start the
> main hobbitd process. In which case your webpages are not being updated,
> the network tests stop running, and life in general is miserable.
>
> > 4.1.2pl2 worked fine and nothing was changed from when it was upgraded.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Sounds like shared memory/semaphore IPC problems to me.  What's in the
> hobbitlaunch.log file ?

I believe I found the issue.

2006-08-14 10:52:58 Cannot open PID file /home/hobbit/logs/hobbitd.pid:
No such file or directory

Even though I set the log dir to /home/hobbit/log in ./configure, it
seems that make install won't overwrite hobbitserver.cfg with the new
setting (log vs logs). Should it? I must have mistyped it once and it
seems to have stuck.

Changing that manually and restarting solved the problem.

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux x86_64 Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 165
11:24:31 up 94 days, 20:08, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.06, 0.02