[hobbit] content tests (Yet another content check question)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 10 23:24:27 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:21:34PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> >>LOL...Yes sir :-)  The only other question I have is, how do I get 2
> >>content checks to show? When I specify more than one, it only shows the
> >>result of the first one (although both are shown in the info column so I
> >>assume alerts would still work for each).
> >>

> >Provided you don't force them into the same column, they should show up
> >a "content1" and "content2" status columns. Or whatever you name them.
> >
> Aww...but when you define multiple http checks for a single host, it
> puts all of those into the same column, it would be nice to have the
> content checks do the same. I guess another option is I could create a
> "web" sub page and list the individual websites with dedicated cont columns.

The problem is that the content check includes the actual webpage data.
Trying to stuff one webpage inside another can result in a pretty
awful looking status page. Doing that with two or more webpages is
just too bizarre to actually work.

Yes, I know you can probably get it right by using HTML <DIV> or
<OBJECT> tags to embed one page inside another. Unfortunately, not
all browser can handle those.