[hobbit] last two snapshots, problems with ps parsing?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 8 14:24:28 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:06:58AM +0100, Morris, Chris (Shared Services) wrote:
> linux
> [ps]
>   PID  PPID USER      STARTED S PRI %CPU     TIME %MEM  RSZ   VSZ CMD
>
> AIX
> [ps]
>   PID  PPID     USER S PRI  %CPU        TIME     ELAPSED  %MEM   VSZ COMMAND
>
> Solaris 5.8
> [ps]
>   PID  PPID     USER    STIME S PRI %CPU        TIME %MEM  RSS  VSZ COMMAND
>
> Does the parsing look for COMMAND as the 11th variable and CMD as the 12th?

No, it looks for either CMD or COMMAND in the header line and determines
the offset that the commandline string has based on where that text
appears in the header.

That's why I asked for your client's ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg*.txt file.
Or at least a file with the output from
   bb 127.0.0.1 "clientlog HOSTNAME section=ps"