[hobbit] syntax for dir size check when using wildcards

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 3 12:43:36 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 12:24:24PM +0200, Charles Goyard wrote:

> /var/svn/projects/hobbit-4.2-beta/db
> /var/svn/project/hobbitexts/db
> /var/svn/projects/hobbithttp/db
>
> So to monitor the sizes of every single module db's directory, I added :
>
> client-local.cfg : dir:/var/svn/projects/*/db

Nope, that is wrong. If you want to use wildcards then you must
run a local client command to generate the directory names. In your
case, something like

   dir:`ls -d /var/svn/projects/*/db`

should do it.

The difference is that when using a command like that, each of the
directories end up in a separate section in the client message.
And the directory size checking is done once per section, where it
just checks the last line (because the ones above are supposed to
be just subdirs of the directory you really want to check).