[hobbit] Shire: update

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Wed Aug 2 05:37:10 CEST 2006

I'm actually considering setting up a wiki if SF will let me (I'm fond
of Dokuwiki myself).   It would seem to me that samples for the configs
would be more appropriate for the main Hobbit site but I'm not against
adding the category.  I'm pretty sure there is already a basic framework
for this set up (at least there's some information that could be easily
expanded upon).  I'm looking around to determine if I'm going to need to
create a tool or if there is one that's satisfactory available for the
interface (to help make it searchable and user friendly)...

I've been mulling over these categories:

System (disks, network, etc)
Services (mail, applications, etc)
Environment (temp, etc)
Database (pretty self-explanatory)
Security (firewall, tripwire, snort, etc)
Web (http, https, app servers, etc)

If a category is seen as growing too large, we might consider creating
sub-categories.

It would seem to make sense to have a page dedicated to sample (working)
configurations...you can get a good idea of this from the Proftpd
site...they have several examples from simple to complex.

=G=