[hobbit] I'm starting to look at setting up 'propr' monitoring for my production SAP environment, and wonder if anyone else is playing with HACMP clusters

timothy Myers timcarol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 19:39:08 CEST 2006

If I understand what you are getting at, you will want to setup where the
resource groups with the resource groups ID as a server.  Then you set up a
persistent IP - ( if your running HACMP 5.x this is standard)  that you use
for each LPAR.  Then in you resource startup you enable reporting ( you will
need to spoof you hostname on the reports) and in you resource shutdown
scripts disable the reporting for this resource although you may want to
send a report that you are going down to Hobbit this could be a custom
report of status on your screen. The node up and down could spawn updates
along with the hacmp.out log file or a subset.
You could also make your reporting HACMP aware and they could run all the
time but only report if they own the resource group.
You also have advance event monitoring within HACMP that could spawn a
report based on an event in real time.