Adding local module to monitoring server

Matthew Davis matthew at familycampground.org
Sun Apr 23 17:52:22 CEST 2006

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can add additional modules
until I turn blue in the face to my clients.  But for some reason I
can't add local modules to the hobbitd server.  Is the process
different?

I did the following:

1 - Add the script to /usr/lib/hobbit/client/ext
2 - Add the module defination to
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg  For example this is what
I have for one:

[exim]
        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/exim.sh
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/exim.log
        INTERVAL 5m

The log file gets created, but thats as far as it goes.  There's an
echo statement in that script that should show up in the log file, but
it never makes it.  None of the other modules defined in
clientlaunch.cfg get created.

Then do a reload just to make sure it took.  Well, its not taking.  No
errors are being thrown as far as I can see.

What'd I miss?

--
Matthew Davis
http://familycampground.org/matthew/