[hobbit] query on reporting.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 13 09:36:17 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:57:26AM +0530, Gada, Subhash wrote:

> Is there any way that we can generate a custom desired reports?

Generally: no. You can grab data from various parts of the system,
but you would have to interpret the data and generate the report
yourself.

> 1) Report of all red view of all the hosts in a page for disk test.
A command like this:
  bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard test=disk color=red page=db/oracle fields=hostname,testname,lastchange,msg"
returns a list of the hosts on the "db/oracle" page that currently have
a red disk status. There are four data fields on each line: hostname,
testname, the Unix timestamp of the latest status change (i.e. when it
became red), and the full status log (line breaks in the status log
show up as \n). Fields are separated by '|' signs.

> 2) Daily report of all red of a page.
The "Eventlog" report should cover that. It currently cannot filter
hosts by their page-name, but that's a very easy thing to add.

> 3) Report of all red of a page if the red is greater that 10 days.
Similar to 1), but you would also filter on the "lastchange" value
being smaller than (currenttime - 10*24*60*60).