[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2 alfa release available - SLA Report features

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 20:59:08 CEST 2006

Along the same lines (sort of) one thing that I would REALLY, REALLY like
is an interface into the RRD data in textual format.

A screen that lets you pick a host, an RRD, a start/end time, etc.. and then
gives you either a text, or csv, etc... file.

I've tried "rrdtool dump" to dump into xml format, and never had much
luck getting excel to read it correctly.

"rrdtool xport" seems to be the way to go, and that's a pain to setup
by hand each time (and still havn't had too much luck getting excel to
read it in perfectly). I've been doing the "rrdtool xport" and piping
it to a perl
program to convert the file to a .csv file which I have had a lot of
success with (with excel) I've pasted the program below for anyone
interested.

-Jeff

# cat xport_to_csv.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl