[hobbit] performance tuning

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:27:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

No firewall in between.

> Since the Hobbit client only runs once every 5 minutes,
> I don't understand why you have many of these on the clients.

I have 7 hosts that I am doing performance testing on. I have moved those
7 hosts to their own hobbit server. On those 7 hosts each host has
between 4-6 1 second interval tests.

By isolating them to their own server, that keeps the load off the
main hobbit server we have. As we have all discussed previously, there
is a difference between
monitoring and capacity planning, so I am pushing the limit with hobbit on this.

So when the socket is in TIME_WAIT, is it waiting on some response from
the hobbit server then? would increasing or decreasing the maximum life span
have any negative effects? I noticed in the alpha notification for the
new hobbit
it mentioned performace enhancements. Would these help do you think?

Thanks,
Jeff