[hobbit] BBWin 0.5 available

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 09:04:14 CEST 2006

Hi Hermann,

2006/4/5, Hermann-Josef Beckers <hj.beckers at kreis-steinfurt.de>:

> Hi Etienne,
>
> bbwin 0.5 crashes on a german Win2000. Sorry for the german error message:
>
> BBWin.exe - Fehler in Anwendung: Die Anweisung in "0x778cc024" verweist
> auf Speicher in "0x00000000". Der Vorgang
> "written" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.
>
> basically: Error in application. directive in "0x778cc024" points to
> memory
> in "0x00000000".
>
> but in eventlog:
>
> "The service BBWin has been successfully started. The hostname setting is
> set to ps0114 "
> "The agent disk.dll has been successfully loaded.
> Agent name : disk
> Agent version : 0.1
> BBWin agent version : 1
> Agent description : disk agent : report disk usage"
> "The agent cpu.dll has been successfully loaded.
> Agent name : cpu
> Agent version : 0.1
> BBWin agent version : 1
> Agent description : cpu agent : report cpu usage"
>
> My hobbit server receives no messages, everything goes purple.

Thank you for the report.

Could you try to set the log level to 4 (debug level) and send me by mail
the log file ?
<setting name="loglevel" value="4" />
Also, would it be possible for you to load agents one by one by commenting
the other load directives ?
By order, try to add one by one :

externals
procs
memory
disk
stats
uptime
cpu

It will help me to find out what's going on. BBWin is currently tested on :

Windows NT 4 SP 6 US
Windows 2000 SP4 US
Windows XP SP2 FR
Windows XP SP2 US