[hobbit] Channel processing problem with 4.11

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Sep 30 15:06:35 CEST 2005

In <FB13116A8C464943B4A5436A616C95F80530AB1F at rocexu01> "Deiss, Mark" <Mark.Deiss at acs-inc.com> writes:

>First environment using Mandrake 9.0 server and Fedora Core 2 client -
>client transmissions received and processed properly on server.

>Second environment using Fedora Core 3 server and HP-UX 11i client, have
>problems with hobbitd_channel on server.

>Initial error was:  Worker process died with exit code 6, terminating

This means that the hobbitd_client program has crashed. There ought to be
a core-dump in the ~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory; if you could run it
through the procedure described in
   http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport
it would make it simpler to find.

>I reduced down the size of the HP-UX client message - no longer sending
>ps/top/vmstat output; still blowing up.

Please send me a copy of the client message. You'll find it in
~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.txt on the HP-UX server. I've had one other report
of HP-UX clients causing the hobbitd_client module to crash, so there is
probably something special about the client messages from HP-UX based
systems that trigger this.

>Also, has anyone configured hobbit server to work with a number of HPUX
>clients? Looking to handle around 50 HPUX servers and 50 Windows servers
>into a single Hobbit server.

Shouldn't be a problem. I have about 1500 clients reporting into one Hobbit
server (HP-UX, Solaris, Windows, AIX).