[hobbit] problem with disk test display

Craig Cook craig at cookitservices.com
Tue Sep 20 01:46:23 CEST 2005

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:50:54PM -0400, Larry.Barber at usda.gov wrote:
> > Henrik, it appears that having partitions removed from a Linux/Unix
> > system messes up the disk drive display. The disk test continues to
> > display the removed partitions (at least in the legend), but at the
> > expense of not displaying all of the current partitions. In order to
> > display all of the current partitions you have to manually remove
> > the .rrd files that correspond to the removed partitions.
>
> Ah yes - this is probably the same bug that Pat Vaughan reported
> earlier today.

I would be wary about calling this a bug.  You should not be dropping file systems without a good reason.
If you do drop a file system, you expect to do extra work.  ie. locate rrd file and delete it (or run a command that does it for you).

I would be concerned if a tool automatically removed a disk parition graph if it was not mounted at the time it was last checked.

Maybe this should be made as a note in the documentation somewhere.

Craig Cook
--
Systems Monitoring Consulting and Support Services
http://www.cookitservices.com