[hobbit] Very Weird ping issue

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Sep 17 08:33:39 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 06:22:54PM -0400, Wes Neal wrote:
> Does it need to be in " " like that?  I added a .default. # testip and it
> did not work.

It should go like this:

0.0.0.0        .default.     # testip
166.47.52.23   MIREGA-XYP    # conn
166.46.11.1    NRKANG-XYP    # conn
<all of your other bb-hosts entries>

> You will have to ask Henrik about why Hobbit doesn't use the bb-hosts
> settings.

Because 99% of the services that a host provides will be reached via
DNS. So if the host is unreachable via its DNS entry, something is broken
and I want to know about it.

Hobbit does use the IP adresses from the bb-hosts file, but only if
the hostname cannot be resolved via DNS or /etc/hosts.