[hobbit] error creating rrd DS (invalid DS name)

FIGARO Nicolas nfigaro at effigie.fr
Thu Sep 8 08:27:45 CEST 2005

Hi all,

The constraints are in the rrdcreate doc :
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/doc/rrdcreate.en.html

There is a debug option (--debug) to most hobbit programs, so you can
add this flag in hobbitlaunch.cfg and see if you get more infos
about the rrdcreate.

In the hobbitd/do_rrd.c, you can find the error message at this line (around line 143 in my snaphsot):
errprintf("RRD error creating %s: %s\n", filedir, rrd_get_error());

The error comes from the rrd_create two lines above.

And the "if (debug)" block beginning at line 128 shows the rrdcreate parameters.

Hope this'll help.

Nicolas Figaro