Hobbit, Net-snmp snmptrap,and HPOV

Coupe, Mark (ITD) Mark.Coupe at state.ma.us
Fri Sep 2 17:43:55 CEST 2005

All,

I'm trying to push alarms from Hobbit to HPOV.  We have a custom script
that is invoking Netsnmp's snmptrap.  The snmp traps are reaching the HP
Node Manager Event Browser correctly.  However, the OV operations trap
condition is not recognizing the trap.  The trap is being displayed as
"unmatched" in the Message Browser even though there is a condition set
up for that specific trap.

When we look at the unmatched trap, it appears that the OID is not being
recognized and an '0' is inserted, for example instead of
.1.3.6.1.4.1.7058.0.XX, we are seeing .0.0.XX.

Any guidance would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

-Mark Coupe