[hobbit] Getting hobbit running on FreeBSD

Scott, Brian Brian.Scott at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 1 08:30:50 CEST 2005

> BTW: I also had to change the group of most of the installation to my
> web server group after installation.

That should not be needed - the only directories that need to be
writable by the web server group are the "www/rep" and "www/snap"
directories used when generating reports. What problems did you have
that necessitated this ?

Ability to read. My umask by default doesn't give anything to 'others'
by default so the web server can't read the files. A way of doing this
(without making everything universally readable) is to have it set up
as:

drwxr-x---  8 hobbit  www     512 Sep  1 14:00 server

This way hobbit can change things and the web server can read them.

I guess I'm just a bit paranoid about security and like my restrictive
umask.

Thanks again.

Brian