[hobbit] External scripts not working the same?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Oct 26 10:31:56 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:24:20AM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> Could we avoid the test on the conn tag when specifying the
> --no-down=TAG because I have systems that I am not allowed to ping but
> stil have to do other tests towards. Could the conn be the default and
> then if I specify another tag this is the only tag tested for ?

If there's no "conn" status for a host, then bbhostgrep won't
do the check of the conn-test for that host.

The one thing that might trip things up is if you use "noping", and
there's a "clear" conn-status. A "clear" status can show up for
number of reasons - a host that is up, but has a "noping" tag to
disable ping, or a host that is down, but has a "dialup" tag.

Perhaps I should change it to only ignore a host if there is a
conn test that is either red or blue - i.e. we know for sure that
this host is either down (red), or disabled (blue).