[hobbit] Hobbit client data parsing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Oct 25 07:54:41 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 07:43:24AM +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> > >This happens me at least once a day at the hobbitserver. I have
> > >written abou this Aug 16. I think there are timing problems when the
> > >client-script is running. This is what I got.
>
> The only explanation I can find for the messed up client file you
> posted back in August is if you have more than one instance of the
> client running on a box - e.g. both the client that is included with
> the Hobbit server installation, and the stand-alone client.

Could you try the attached version of hobbitclient.sh (goes in the
~hobbit/client/bin/ directory) instead of the 4.1.2 version ?

What this does differently is simply to build the client message in
a file named by the process-ID running the client script, so if two
clients are running simultaneously, they won't both be writing to the
same file.