[hobbit] Ping tests and alerts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Oct 19 21:37:17 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:57:30PM -0400, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> Is there any way to modify the ping tests to only go red if a server is
> not responding to ping tests for more than 15 minutes?  Some of the
> servers I need to test are on the west coast and sometimes don't respond
> right away to the first ping due to net conditions.  I only want it to
> go red if it's been down for longer than 15 minutes.

Put a "badconn:1:2:4" on these hosts. Then they'll go clear after one
failed ping, yellow after two, and red after four. Since the tests
run every 5 minutes, 4 failed tests is 15 minutes.

> P.S.
>     Apologies if this is posted twice.

Your first posting was sent from an unsubscribed e-mail address, so it
ended up in my moderator-approval mailbox. I rejected it, it it wasn't
posted twice.