[hobbit] upgrade to 4.1.2 breaks netapp qtree graphing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Oct 14 15:25:33 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:04:54AM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Upgraded from hobbit 4.0.4 -> 4.1.2 and hit my first bug:  the data
> collected from my filerstats2bb.pl ext script, which gets data from my
> NetApp filer and allows me to graph the qtrees, volumes & inodes, no
> longer works.  The data collection still works fine, as well as the
> display of the results, but only one the first qtree/inode/disk is
> graphed.  The rest are not.

Is this on both the individual status display and the one in the
"trends" column, or just one of them ?

> hobbitgraph.cfg definitions are still the same as before, so I poked
> around the hobbitd/rrd/do_disk.c and compared it to the one used in
> 4.0.4, but I think that is working well since it populates the rrd files...?

If the RRD files are being updated, then rrd/do_disk is working OK.

> hobbitgraph.c is where I should look, right?

Sounds like it, but there are some complicating factors.

I did some testing here, and copying a set of disk*rrd files to
inode-ditto's and bringing up an "inode" status looks OK. So I
think it's some upgrade problem you've run into.

Could you try and compare the following files:

- bb-hostsvc.sh (from the installed cgi-bin directory) with the
  hobbitd/bb-hostsvc.sh from the hobbit-4.1.2 build directory ?

- hobbitgraph.sh (from the installed cgi-bin directory) with the
  hobbitd/hobbitgraph.sh from the hobbit-4.1.2 build directory ?

- hobbitgraph.cfg (from the installed server/etc/ directory) with
  the hobbitd/etcfiles/hobbitgraph.cfg from the hobbit-4.1.2 build
  directory ?

The two cgi-scripts - if there are any differences - can be copied
over directly from the build directory. The hobbitgraph.cfg may
need some hand-tweaking, if you have defined any graphs yourself.