[hobbit] Dumb hobbit network test question

frederic mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Wed Nov 30 22:16:04 CET 2005

Hi Tom

[snip]

> Here's a sample of the network test error:
> Service ftp on hudson is not OK : Unexpected service response
> Service smtp on hudson is not OK : Unexpected service response

Are you using the "--checkresponse" option ? I had the same "Unexpected
service response" warnings until I removed it.

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/manpages/man1/bbtest-net.1.html

--checkresponse[=COLOR]
    When testing well-known services (e.g. FTP, SSH, SMTP, POP-2, POP-
3, IMAP, NNTP and rsync), bbtest-net will look for a valid service-
specific "OK" response. If another reponse is seen, this will cause the
test to report a warning (yellow) status. Without this option, the
response from the service is ignored.
    The optional color-name is used to select a color other than yellow
for the status message when the response is wrong. E.g. "--
checkresponse=red" will cause a "red" status message to be sent when
the service does not respond as expected.