[hobbit] Windows logs.

Charles Jones -X (charljon - Cisco Learning Institute at Cisco) charljon at cisco.com
Wed Nov 23 23:19:04 CET 2005

Sounds like we need someone who is good at VC++ to create a nice hobbit
windows client. I would volunteer but I am lacking the knowledge,
usually when I need to do something on windows I write in in perl
(ActivePerl) :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 2:59 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Windows logs.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 01:42:58PM -0800, Charles Jones -X (charljon -
Cisco Learning Institute at Cisco) wrote:
> > This brings up a dumb question.  Is there a windows client for
hobbit?

> I am using the "bbNT" client. It is a windows client for BigBrother
> that seems to work well with Hobbit as well.

You should be aware that this is a non-free*) product. There is a
per-seat license cost, and I am not entirely sure of whether you are
allowed to use it with a non-BB server.

*) Dont misunderstand me - the BB guys who developed the BBNT client did
a good job, and they have every right to license it in whatever way they
like. I just happen to believe that another kind of license is more
appropriate for the software I write.