[hobbit] Novell monitoring

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Wed Nov 16 21:59:22 CET 2005

Bob,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but...

If you have SNMP running on these devices, then I can recommend a Big
Brother external script that I wrote to monitor my Novell servers.
Unfortunately it's not a client, but uses information from Cacti
(http://www.cacti.net) and sends it to Big Brother.

Unless I'm missing something, this should work fine for Novell 6.5
servers.

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=24613#24613

http://www.deadcat.net/viewfile.php?fileid=890

Hopefully this will help.

Daniel Magnuszewski
CCNA
M & T Bank
dmagnuszewski { at } mandtbank.com

>>> rgordonjr at gmail.com 11/16/05 3:43 PM >>>
Hello all -

Any one know the best way to monitor not only system performance but
user
performance on a Novell 6.5 system using Hobbit?

On the BB4 site I see a client that works with Novell 4x & 5x and on
deadcat
I see two older scripts as well (but both will require a rewrite to
get
working on 6.5 - based on what I saw)

Thanks!

--