[hobbit] Plaintext reports possible?!

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Nov 12 08:41:10 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 06:46:34PM +0100, P.H. Welter wrote:

> I want to generate reports and although the bbgen man-page shows me
> exactly what I want, the output is in html. However, I want the
> output to be copied and paste in generic plain text for management
> reports. Just like it is already possible when you generate an
> availability report with the browser, when you drill down to a
> specific item and see in text-mode something like this:
>

> Availability Report
> Nov 08 2005
[snip]
> Is this possible, and if so, how?!

No, that is not possible - sorry.

What you *can* do is to generate the report as a comma-separated
file - pick the "Generate spreadsheet" button from the Availability
Report page. This gives you a file with the availability data for
all of your hosts+tests, and for people who are used to manipulate
data in Excel or some other spreadsheet tool, generating a text report
or some other presentation of these data should be easy.
(Personally, I have no idea how to do that - but then I've never had
to work with these tools).