[hobbit] hobbitd_rrd is not looking good(Bug Report)

Bob Ababurko bob at phreakout.net
Sat Nov 12 05:35:42 CET 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 01:56:14PM -0500, Bob Ababurko wrote:
>

>>Ok, maybe I have gotten mixed in the name of expected corefile.  I DO
>>have a file that is called hobbitd_rrd.core.  Now, it looks like it was
>>created at the time of 'the incident'....so I thin what I am looking
>>for.  I was actually looking for something called COREFILE.
>>

>Traditionally, those files are called just "core". But it is not
>uncommon - especially on some Linux distributions - to redefine this
>so that core-files have a filename the connects them to the program
>they were generated by.
>

>>Ok, now I cannot seem to find the  web page that showed what
>>to do to review a corefile in tmp.  Does anyone know what I should be
>>doing to to read these files.
>>

>http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport
>

>>Now, is taking hobbitd_rrd out of the monitoring checks what I want?
>>

>Yes. You do want to run the hobbitd_rrd module, but there really is no
>monitoring of this module - except when it has crashed. It doesn't send
>in any "I am OK" message when it runs normally. So once you've noticed
>that it has crashed, you can remove the purple hobbitd_rrd status.
>

>>Dont I want/need it in there for a complete hobbit.....fixed, of
>>course?  I want my hobbit to be a healthy and fully funtional hobbit.  I
>>guess I am curious what went wrong and how to fix it.  Maybe this has
>>something to do with the COREFILE.....which I need to fugure out how to
>>read so I can figure out why it crashed.  Am I right here?  Sounds logical.
>>

>The reason why it crashed is some programming error. What you can do to
>help me fix it is to pinpoint exactly where it did crash; the link
>above will help you get the information I need for the debugging.
>

>Regards,
>Henrik
>

>To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
>hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Henrik

I hope that this will be of use.  The version of hobbit is 4.1.2.  This
is the output that you require:

/var/www/htdocs/hobbit/server/tmp $gdb ../bin/hobbitd_rrd
./hobbitd_rrd.core

GNU gdb 6.3
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "sparc64-unknown-openbsd3.8"...
Core was generated by `hobbitd_rrd'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/librrd.so.0.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/librrd.so.0.0
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.4.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.4.2
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.38.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.38.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libz.so.4.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libz.so.4.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.18.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.18.3
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.1.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libttf.so.1.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.2.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libm.so.2.0
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.so...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/libexec/ld.so
#0  0x000000004561e480 in abort () from /usr/lib/libc.so.38.2
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000000004561e480 in abort () from /usr/lib/libc.so.38.2
#1  0x0000000000110a20 in sigsegv_handler (signum=11) at sig.c:57
#2  0x000000004ff6a084 in ?? ()
#3  0x000000004ff6a084 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Regards,
Bob