Custom RRD graphs

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 04:57:31 CET 2005

Ok, I found the issue.

Though I've written dozens of bb clients, I've never come across
exactly how BB expects the information. This might be hobbit specific
however. In my original email, I stated I was sending the data from my
script like:

home/monitor/bb/bin/bb 1.2.3.4 "status iron1-mgmt.Memoryutil green
Memoryutil : 11"

This is not the correct way to do this hobbit-wise. You need to put a
\n in between the color status and the data you're pushing via ncv.
That is:

home/monitor/bb/bin/bb 1.2.3.4 "status iron1-mgmt.Memoryutil
green\nMemoryutil : 11"

Perhaps it's just my interpretation, but I think we should reword the
documentation to explicitly say we do not need to do any
--extra-script or --extra-tests if one is using ncv.

Finally, I perused a lot of the man pages and code for the past few
hours, and only found one error - and that was a spelling error. In
~hobbit/server/etc/hobbitgraph.cfg, temperature is misspelled:
# comment out the [tempeature] section above, and

I'm now using ncv for collecting 8 datapoints and it appears to
collect and graph data flawlessly. Thanks for the solid implementation
Henrik.

-Dan