[hobbit] Monitoring syslog and other log files

Allan.Marillier at dana.com Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Thu Nov 10 19:26:22 CET 2005

No - I have no bb-msgtab, and have seen only one reference to it. I don't
remember where I saw that, but whatever I saw, it was not enough to tell
me where it must be (I would assume the client?) and what must be in it.

Charles Jones <jonescr at cisco.com>
11/10/2005 01:28 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] Monitoring syslog and other log files

It sounds like your missing piece of the puzzle is bb-msgstab, have you
edited it or otherwise customized it?

-Charles

Allan.Marillier at dana.com wrote:

Somebody please point me at some docs on setting filters for syslog and
other log file monitoring, or give me some starting point. I've checked
the archive, browsed through the installation and config pages, looked
through man pages, and I'm just not seeing it.

I have the standard configs on my clients, with clientlaunch.cfg and
hobbitclient.cfg. I tried sending a few test messages to syslog using
logger -p ERR test and logger -p ERROR test, but get nothing reported.

hobbitclient.cfg has the default setup with the following. This is not the
same as processes, disk etc. is it, where the client config is no longer
used, but is set on the hobbit server?
# For the msgs check
DOMSGS="TRUE"
NOMSGSCOLOR="clear"