Questions about Enable/Disable/NOTICE

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Thu Nov 10 04:06:50 CET 2005

1. When I disable a host in hobbit, it says it was disabled by
unknown at 1.2.3.4 <mailto:unknown at 1.2.3.4>.
In the bb maint.pl script, it had an option to put a username, but I
don't see an option to do this in the Hobbit Maint page, so is "unknown"
hard coded, or does it look for it somewhere else?

2. I added the "NOTICE" rule to my hobbit-alerts.cfg

HOST=* SERVICE=* COLOR=red
MAIL me at mydomain.com <mailto:me at mydomain.com> RECOVERED NOTICE

I then tested disabling the cpu service for a host, and I received an
email with the disable message:

-----