[hobbit] Hobbit client external script debugging

Pat Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:19:25 CET 2005

AHA!  I was hoping there was something stupid I overlooked!

But, I'm still having a little trouble.  I found that I have to export
HOBBITCLIENTHOME (which is usually set in the runclient.sh script) and
specify the entire path to the environment file, but I still get some
errors:

./bin/bbcmd --env=/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg sh -x
ext/bb-msgs.sh
2005-11-08 12:02:31 WARNING: Cannot open include file
'/var/run/hobbitclient-runtime.cfg', line was:@r¸ .
++ /bin/cat /usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp/MSGSTATUS.2666
+ /usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bb-combo.sh add 'status .msgs green Tue Nov
8 11:57:50 EST 2005 All message files OK

'
Usage: /usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bb [--debug]
[--proxy=http://ip.of.the.proxy:port/] RECIPIENT DATA
  RECIPIENT: IP-address, hostname or URL
  DATA: Message to send, or "-" to read from stdin

I get the same message with all of my external scripts that run normally
if run from the client daemon.  If I just run sh through bbcmd, I find
that most of the variables I expect to see are not defined ($BBOUT,
$MACHINE, $MACHINEDOTS, ect...)

Thanks.