Problem with 'worst' conn method reporting

Schwimmer, Eric E *HS EES2Y at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Fri Nov 4 15:39:53 CET 2005

Hi Henrik,

We've had a problem with the 'worst' conn method for a while now,
and I've never got around to reporting or looking into it.  Basically
what happens is that a host with multiple IP addresses and the 'worst'
conn method wont report any status changes (it will always be green,
even
if one or all of its ips are unpingable).

I think I've fixed this, it was a pretty simple bug;  on line
1383 of bbtest-net.c, I changed 'countasdown = 0;' to 'countasdown =
1;'.
I didn't really investigate the ramifications of what this change might
have on the rest of the code, so let me know if I'm way off base.
(I know it did fix the worst issue, though, because 3 of our
multi-interface
sites with unpingable ifcs immediately went red).

Regards,
-Eric Schwimmer
Network Engineer
UVA HSCS Network Engineering