[hobbit] Inexplicable purple on running services

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 03:50:05 CET 2005

The hobbit server considers any service it hasn't heard from in a
configurable period of time  as purple. Mine is set at 30 minutes, I
think the default is somewhere around that area. Assuming the default
is 30 minutes, this means that if it all went purple 25 minutes ago,
the test hasn't reported to the server in 55 minutes.

I would suggest ensuring clients have connectivity to the server, ie:

telnet bbserver 1984

Which tests for tcp connectivity to port 1984, the port hobbit expects
client updates on. Of the millions of things that could cause this,
I'd say server connectivity (Default gateway, IP address),firewall
ACLs or the hobbit server no longer running are the most likely.

Good luck

Dan