Alert test feature

Allan allan at zandahar.net
Thu May 26 03:25:12 CEST 2005

Hi all

Not sure if I asked this a while back and didn't get a response or I
just didnt ask it at all.

Just been making some major changes to a customers alert.cfg file and it
reminded me about it.

Just wondering if its possible to implement a time= param on the on the
hobbitd_alert --test command. Its really wicked to be able to check your
rules and see what they're going to do but it would be even better if
you could simulate a time as well. An extension to that would be
possibly to have a duration tag to ensure your duration settings in the
alerts.cfg file are all good.

Please someone bonk me on the head if this is already in there and I
cant find it. Also please provide feedback on if you think would be a
nice addition......or not I'm always up for a flaming :)

Cheers

Allan