[hobbit] graph support for later sendmail versions

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun May 8 22:43:27 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:35:35AM +1000, Geoff Steer wrote:
> In setting up the sendmail graphs, I found that some fields introduced
> in later sendmail versions were not displayed.
>
> The attached patch to do_sendmail.c will allow the extra field
> introduced in sendmail 8.13.x to be graphed.

This ended up causing some major changes to the way Hobbit handles RRD
files, but I think it has improved.

Hobbit will now auto-detect what datasets are in an existing RRD file,
and use this to select what data to update the RRD-file with. So if you
have an existing RRD file without the new field,  it will continue to
use that format (and you dont get the new field data tracked). If Hobbit
creates a new RRD file it will include the new field, and track data
for it.

So it should work for all Sendmail versions, and remain compatible with
the existing RRD's.