[hobbit] bbnet terminating on signal 6

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu May 5 08:21:06 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:47:31PM -0500, Kauffman, Tom wrote:

> The bb-network.log is interesting -- doesn't bbtest-net understand the
> 'noconn' tag? I've got my systems multiply defined, to allow groupings
> by function and groupings by site; the function groupings all have
> 'noconn' specified.

It does know about the "noconn" tag, but the way the bb-hosts file get
parsed and tests added to the queue may not be quite as you expected.
Suffice to say, I do believe it ends up doing the right thing :-)

> I'll attach the log -- but this looks like where the problem hit:

Yes, it seems to be a problem in the resolver library. Just to verify
that, could you try running bbtest-net with the "--no-ares" option and
see if that keeps it from crashing ? I know this may cause bbtest-net to
spend much more time doing DNS lookups, but I'd like to have the problem
narrowed down as much as possible.

Thanks,