[hobbit] bbnet terminating on signal 6

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 4 22:29:15 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:43:14PM -0500, Kauffman, Tom wrote:
> Loaded symbols for /lib/libnss_files.so.2
> #0  0x4004c691 in kill () from /lib/libc.so.6

Hrm - that doesn't say much about what's happening. Meaning that it's
probably some sort of memory/stack corruption.

Could you try running it with --debug ? That should at least give some
idea about what it is doing when it crashes.

> This is SuSE 8.2 (yeah, I know!); I did not include ssl or lapd testing
> at config time.

Still, it shouldn't crash.

> I saw one other signal 6 on the list, but no resolution. Have I missed
> something?

No I haven't figured out what happened there - since no one else
reported something like that, I was suspecting a local setup issue of
some kind. With two reports, that is rather unlikely.