[hobbit] Failover

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 4 10:24:26 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:52:07AM +0200, Thomas Ruecker wrote:

> are there any plans about failover of Hobbit like the BigBrother does it?
> I had 3 BB-Server running in failover, but I can't find any hints about
> failover in Hobbit.

It isn't part of Hobbit currently, which is why you won't find it in the
docs.

However, just a few days ago Brian Lynch sent me a detailed walk-through
of how to setup two Hobbit servers in an active/passive cluster. To me,
that is an ideal solution (because it doesn't require any code changes
in Hobbit :-)), so that is the solution I'll recommend.

I need to edit Brian's document slightly (the line breaks have been lost
in the version that was uploaded to SourceForge, but are OK in the
version he mailed to me), and then I'll make it available on the SF
site.