[hobbit] apache perf monitoring leaves http test purple

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 2 19:49:57 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:39:32PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> >
> >Confirmed ... an "apache" test with no "http" tests for the same host
> >ends up sending a completely bogus http status message to Hobbit.
> >
> >The attached patch fixes it, and I'll include this in the next release
> >(real soon now - promise!)
>
> The patch got rid of the purple http column.  Thanks for providing it.
>
> I've got a problem now with apache perf monitoring, and before I go and
> blame the patch for doing this, I'd like to make sure I've checked out
> everything on my end.

It's OK to blame the patch, 'cause re-reading it now I think it is broken.
Thanks for testing - I'll have a second look at it later tonight.

> How can I watch the hobbitd channel and see what errors or data is
> coming in from teh apache test?

Login as the hobbit user, then run

   ~/server/bin/bbcmd hobbitd_channel --channel=data cat

The "apache" test is sent in a "data" message, hence the
"--channel=data". This dumps all data messages - including vmstat,
netstat and such - but you should be able to recognize the apache one.
However, I think my patch just stopped sending it ...