[hobbit] apache perf monitoring leaves http test purple

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Mon May 2 19:39:32 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> Confirmed ... an "apache" test with no "http" tests for the same host
> ends up sending a completely bogus http status message to Hobbit.
>
> The attached patch fixes it, and I'll include this in the next release
> (real soon now - promise!)

The patch got rid of the purple http column.  Thanks for providing it.

I've got a problem now with apache perf monitoring, and before I go and
blame the patch for doing this, I'd like to make sure I've checked out
everything on my end.

My apache.rrd file's last time stamp was 3.5 hours ago.

I can use the command line "GET http://1.2.3.4:80/server-status?auto" on
my hobbit server and the apache process I'm monitoring gives back good data.

I still have this line in bb-hosts:

0.0.0.0 hostname.domain.com # "apache=http://1.2.3.4:80/server-status?auto"
LARRD:*,vmstat:vmstat|vmstat3|vmstat4|vmstat5,apache:apache|apache2|apache3

How can I watch the hobbitd channel and see what errors or data is
coming in from teh apache test?

Thanks,

Tom