[hobbit] External scripts help

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 2 09:20:37 CEST 2005

Hi Vernon,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 03:48:09PM +0800, Vernon Everett wrote:

> I have a custom script to generate tablespace information, and I want to
> graph the % utilization to spot trends.

> I have a script, which chops it up, and returns this

The first part with all the "DS:..." defs look OK, but the last line
is wrong.

Right after all the "DS:.." lines you must output the filename for the
RRD file - "tablespace.rrd" or whatever suitable name you can think of.

Next goes the line with the values you've parsed. Leave out the
"OUTVAL=" bit, it should ONLY be the values - nothing else.

And did you remember to setup a definition in hobbitgraph.cfg how this
graph should be displayed ? Quoting my man-page:

      Apart  from  writing  the  script, You must also add a section to
      hobbitgraph.cfg(5) so that hobbitgraph.cgi(1)
      knows how to generate the graph from the data stored in the
      RRD file.  To make the graphs actually  show  up  on
      the  status-page  and/or the "trends" page, add the
      name of the new graph to the LARRDS and/or GRAPHS setting in
      hobbitserver.cfg(5).

> Ah, before I forget, brilliant tool Henrik, thanks.
> You ever pop into Perth, there's a few cold ones waiting for you. :-)

Thanks, will do if I manage to get down under sometime :-)