Fwd: Re: [hobbit] repeated purple to blue transistions for disabled, offline servers

lars ebeling dhd733 at yahoo.se
Wed Mar 30 16:33:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have disabled via a script that I created from maint.pl and at

/Lars

Datum: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:24:28 +0200
Från: Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk>
Till: hobbit at hswn.dk
Ämne: Re: [hobbit] repeated purple to blue transistions for disabled, offline servers

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:10:40AM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> I've got 2 servers offline at the moment and I'm using the disabled
> function to prevent them from alerting/paging. What is confusing to me
> is the way that my hobbit front page and the individual monitored
> parameters for the system keep transitioning between purple and blue.
> Shouldn't they all just stay blue until the disabled period ends?

Did you disable them via the enable/disable webpage, or are they
"disabled" via a DOWNTIME definition in the bb-hosts file ?

The behaviour you see sounds wrong, no doubt about that. I just want
to be sure where I should start looking.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Hobbithobbyist

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
--Bertrand Russell